Ready. Set. Wait.
One thing that I have learned in my studies and experience in real estate development, architecture and construction is that patience is a virtue. This past week has been a good example of that as I'm waiting on items from the surveyor, builder, bank and Zillow to move forward on the following tasks:
- An updated plot plan is needed for building permitting
- A mortgage survey is needed for title work related to the construction loan
- A general contractor's certificate of insurance is needed for underwriting related to insurance for my company as a real estate developer
- An order of checks from my bank for my LLC is needed for me to more effectively make payments for business expenses
- Approval from Zillow is needed for me to list the house for sale by owner on their website
I do what I can to follow-up on these items and ensure they are being addressed, but in the end a lot of it is out of my control, which is where the patience virtue comes into play. Hopefully I get some good news on these items in upcoming days, but until then I will wait.